Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Reflections

The other day while relaxing I started reflecting on the almost six decades that I have lived through. From what I remember of my first ten years, life was all very new and exciting. Everything I saw and did was a new learning experience. When I reached ten years of age, I felt like I was a grown up and a very important person. During my second ten years of life, I met many new people. And was able to make more of my own decisions and to interact with many of my newfound friends.

At the age of 20, I was a grown up. At this point, I had been in the military and I was married to the most wonderful girl in the world. Life was bringing me new challenges and new learning experiences all the time. And with it, I was still amazed by the world around me. No question about it, at this point I was finally an adult.

My third decade was amazing. My two wonderful boys were born and my life really changed. I now had a great responsibility, caring for them and I started to think of something I never had thought of before, the future. I was all grown up but still learning. I had now reached my fourth decade. And was even given a party for doing so…WOW.

To say that I was working hard was putting it mildly. If my memory serves me correctly, I spent more time working than being at home. My sons went through college and to say I was proud of them is not enough; I was in heaven. During this time a great new lesson was learned: how to love your family more than yourself. Now I was a full fledged grown man. To my utter astonishment, I woke one day and I was in my fifth decade. Could this possible be?

My sons were married and the family was growing. During this time, I was blessed with four beautiful grandchildren. Being a grandparent is one of the most wonderful experiences that life has to offer. I am still amazed by life and continue to learn every day. I hope to be able to continue my journey into the future and report back my experiences. What I have definitely figured out is that without the wonderful girl I married 39 years ago I would never have gotten this far. I will always love you B.



Warm Regards,

Mark A. Bowman

President
FreeSeniorCitizensSolutions.com
By Baby Boomers…For Baby Boomers
http://www.freeseniorcitizenssolutions.com/
mark@FreeSCS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment